Key Reminders for Implementing Visits at the Tainan Prison, Agency of Corrections, Ministry of Justice
- Publication Date ：
- Last updated：2022-06-08
- View count：653
I. Visitation Rules:
1. Subject of visit:
Inmates of level 4 or lower are limited to the closest relatives. Inmates of level 3 are limited to relatives and friends.
2. Number of Visits:
In accordance with the Statute of Progressive Execution of Penalty, the number of visits permitted for the inmates of each level is listed below:
(1) No Level Assigned and Level 4 Inmates: once per week. (Any day)
(2) Level 3 Inmates: once or twice per week.
(3) Level 2 Inmates: once every 3 days.
(4) Level 1 Inmates Have no Limitation (but may not affect the prison management and discipline).
Those calculated by weeks refer to the period from Sunday to Saturday and those calculated by days includes national holidays. If the make-up workday is Saturday, then visits and communication on Saturday are available. Visits on Sunday are available for the first Sunday of every month and the visit date is postponed to the next workday in the case of national holidays.
3. Number of Visitors per Visit:
A maximum of three persons per visit is allowed (children under the age of 5 are not counted).
To strengthen the connection between the inmates and their family and improve the quality of visits, as of today the inmate’s family members under the age of 12 are additionally added to the visit number except for the general number of visitors per visit.
II. Visit Hours:
1. Monday to Friday:
8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Visits on Weekends:
The available visiting hours for the first Sunday of every month are as follows:
8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. .
III. Visit Registration Management:
1. Visitors shall present the original copy of their national ID card for relationship identification, which are solely construed with information kept by the Prison. Individuals ages 5 to 14 without a national ID card shall present the household registration (book) for registration. No visit will be allowed if the national ID card or eligible proof of identification is not presented.
2. Take a number at the service counter and the visit registration will be processed according to the number received. The registration clerk will issue a visitor permit to the visitor, which all visitors are required to have before visiting the inmates. Those who do not complete the visit registration shall not substitute for or accompany the registered visitor to meet the inmate.
Once the seating is assigned, visitors are not allowed to change seats without permission. The supervisor of the Reception Room may do impromptu inspections at any time. If individuals are found to change the assigned seats, the visit will be canceled immediately and the inmate will receive punishment according to the prison regulations.
V. Food for the Inmates:
Food for the inmates shall not exceed 2kg and shall be conducted according to the Goods Notice Food Notice announcement of the Prison. If any contraband is found in the food, those who violate the law will be punished.
VI. Amount of Purchase:
The total amount of purchase made by relatives and friends of the inmates at the Cooperative Store of the Prison may not exceed NT$2,000.
VII. Hotline for Visit Management:
1. Office Hours of the Reception Room:
(06) 2781116 Ext. 226 [Visit Registration]
(06) 2781116 Ext. 227 [Food Delivery Registration]
2. Holidays and Lunch Break:
(06) 2781903; 2781116 Ext. 241